PLI Policy Statement
Access to this site/app and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Since they are for the protection of both you and Premier Lotteries Ireland Designated Activity Company (hereinafter referred to as “PLI”), please take the time to read them carefully. By using this Website/App you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Please note that this Website/App is owned and operated by PLI and references to “we”, “us and “our” mean PLI.
- 1. Copyright on this site and the information set out on it belongs to us or our licensors and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent. All copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices must be left intact. Save as otherwise specified, the contents of all the pages contained on this site are copyright of PLI or its licensors.
- Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence solely for the purpose of using this site and any services available on this site. You may make one electronically stored, transient copy of these pages of this site for the exclusive purpose of on-line viewing. You may make one hard copy of these pages for exclusively, non-commercial purposes.
- Save whether otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic work set out in the pages contained on this site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of these works.
- This licence does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hardcopy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
- No part of this site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other Website/App or other form of electronic retrieval.
- Some pages on this site contain hypertext links to Websites not maintained by PLI. You are reminded that when you enter other Websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such links to Websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
- You warrant that you will use this site in accordance with all the terms and conditions applying to such use and you agree to indemnify PLI for any liability accruing to PLI from your use of this site.
- This site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the site, you accept that your use of the site and any information on the site will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the site or any information on it, you agree that the Irish Courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
- The use of this site or the distribution of information on the site/app may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions and this Website/App is not intended for use nor the information intended for distribution in such jurisdictions and the persons accessing this Website/App should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions.
- No third party is permitted to link any other website to this site/app without obtaining our prior written consent.
- Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge confidential or personal information over the internet unless you are using secure or encrypted communications technology.
- The contents of this site/app including these terms and conditions are subject to change by us without notification to you. We accept no responsibility or liability for keeping the information in this site/app up to date or for any failure to do so.
- The information contained on this site/app is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to its completeness, accuracy or reliability. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the site/app is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this site/app. Access to and use of this site/app is at the users own risk and we do not represent or warrant the use of this site/app or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this site/app or any of its contents. We do not accept liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on this site/app. All implied warranties are excluded to the fullest extent permissible under law. We reserve the right to update or alter the information on this site/app including these terms and conditions at any time without giving notice of the alterations. NLC do not give any warranty of uninterrupted use of this site/app and NLC do not accept liability for any information posted on this site/app by third parties.
- You will ensure that your use of this website/app complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, liable for defamation of character, invasion of privacy or tortuous interference.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
- You agree not to post or publish any offensive, defamatory or unlawful material that could encourage or constitute a criminal offence, civil liability or violation of any law.
- PLI reserves the right to monitor or review the contents of the website/app but are not obliged to do so and assume no liability or responsibility for the contents therein.
- PLI reserves the right to remove any materials posted to the website/app at its absolute discretion.
- PLI may disclose your identity to relevant parties to aid any investigation.
- You warrant that the information you enter on this site/app is accurate and you indemnify us in respect of any damage or legal costs arising out of any action taken against us in respect of the material posted by you.
Data Privacy Statement of PLI
Website/App of PLI
This website/app is operated by Premier Lotteries Ireland DAC (“PLI”) and this Privacy Statement relates to this website/app. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
In addition to this Privacy Statement you may wish to read our Data Protection Policy.For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the "Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is PLI with its registered office at Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1, Ireland.
PLI respects the rights of users of our website/app and is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with Data Protection Legislation at all times. We will not collect any personal information (also referred to as personal data) about you on this website/app without your permission or other than in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Please note that by using this website/app you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement and agree that we may process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement. You also agree that any successor or assignee of PLI and/or any of its businesses may process your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. We inform all persons who submit their personal data to us of these conditions by this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of this website/app.
Collection and use of personal data
You do not have to provide us with any personal information (or personal data) to use our website/app. However where you elect to give us your personal data through this website/app via online feedback forms, email or to register to play online or via our mobile app then we will treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Data Protection Legislation.
By simply visiting our website/app you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data on you. The information collected about your visit is limited to technical data such as:
- the logical address (or IP address) of the device you used to access this website/app;
- whether you reached the site/app using a search engine or if you clicked a link on another website/app or an advertising banner etc;
- the type of web-browser you used; and
- the type of device you used to access the internet.
- details of your visits to our website/app and the resources and webpages that you access including, without limitation, traffic data, location data and other communication data (including IP & MAC address as well as device UDID). We may match a browser profile to a user’s registered profile (using cookies) in order to personalise content and make the browsing experience more relevant;
- technical information relating to the device that you use to access our website/app;
- information we collect using cookies stored on your device about how you use our website/app and/or selected third party websites.
We use this data for administrative and statistical purposes as well as to help us to improve our website/app, content and marketing communications. This technical data does not provide us with the personal data of visitors to our website/app.
Visitors who have already registered to play online or subscribed to one of our email lists may be identified when browsing the site/app (when not logged in) and presented with personalised content and/or communications that are more relevant to them.
By visiting and/or using the website/app you acknowledge and consent to the recording and retention of such information as listed above for these purposes.
Analytic software, tracking usage of the PLI website/app
PLI uses analytical software to measure visits to the PLI website/app. This software captures technical, non personal detail, allowing us to analyse how visitors use the site/app. The analytical software uses ‘Cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour in an anonymous form. View our Cookies Policy.
Giving us your personal information
Please note that where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, contact phone numbers, credit/debit card information and/or other contact information), through a facility provided on this website/app or directly to us by e-mail, we may:
(a) process and administer your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and
(b) retain a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email).
Information in the email we receive and send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender unless otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation or as set out in the section below headed “Disclosure of information to Third Parties”.
We may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to ensure that content from this website/app is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to ensure that we minimise, in so far as in practically possible, information or communications that are not relevant to you;
- to notify you after registration of your account details;
- to provide you access to this website/app and to allow you to participate in interactive features of this website/app;
- to respond to any queries you submit to us;
- to send you information, products or services for which you have asked or which we believe may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (including via direct messages on social media platforms using Custom Audience Targeting);
- to provide you with information on services offered by us, our partners or our advertisers where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (including via direct messages on social media platforms using Custom Audience Targeting);
- to seek your views on this website/app and our services;
- to inform you about any changes to this website/app and services;
- to process any requests we receive from you;
- to fulfil any contractual obligations formed between you and PLI;
- to send newsletters, push notifications, promotional emails, marketing communications and to offer related services to you from PLI (including tailored messages and targeted communications via social media and other advertising platforms using custom and/or tailored audiences);and
- to help us meet our responsible gaming obligations.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required for our website/app service. Examples of such services include analysing data, providing marketing services, processing payments (including credit card payments) and providing customer service. In such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements.
We may disclose some or all of your personally identifiable information (other than credit card information) with merchants or suppliers, including, but not limited to product and services suppliers whose services we have purchased for their commercial purposes. You may not use this website/app if you do not want us to use or disclose personally identifiable information collected about you in the manner identified in this Privacy Statement. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information when posting comments or other information or content through this website/app, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of this website/app available to others.
We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order: (a) to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order or other statutory or legal requirement including our obligation to provide information to the Regulator of the National Lottery; (b) to enforce the Terms & Conditions or other agreements or to protect our rights, property or safety of PLI and/or its subsidiaries and group companies; or (c) to protect the safety of users of this website/app or others.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information to other members of the PLI and Camelot Global group of companies and approved contractors or sub-contractors working on our behalf.
We may provide non-personally identifiable data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of this website/app. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit this website/app, the demographic breakdown of our users of this website/app, or the activities that visitors to this website/app engage in while on this website/app. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include, for example, potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website/app tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
Security of data
PLI takes seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the Data Protection Legislation to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website/app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once PLI has received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
International data transfers
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of follow up services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Right of Access
Where you have provided us with your personal data you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Legislation subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data please visit our Access Request Policy where you can download our Access Request Form for completion before sending it to us at Data Protection Compliance Officer, Premier Lotteries Ireland DAC, Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1 together with the prescribed fee of €6.35. Please note the following important requirements:
- We recommend that if you are making an access request that you use our Access Request Form;
- We shall not process an access request unless the prescribed fee of €6.35 is received by cheque or postal money order made payable to Premier Lotteries Ireland; and
- We do not accept access requests via telephone, email or text message.
Right of rectification or erasure
If we hold incorrect information about you, you have the right to have the data amended. Further you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website/app erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to us in writing at Data Protection Compliance Officer, Premier Lotteries Ireland, Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1 together with:
- Your name and address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
- If you request an erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice.
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining e.g. transactions for accounting and auditing purposes or for the purpose of responding to the Regulator of the National Lottery) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
PLI trusts that you appreciate we respect your right to privacy and that our honesty and integrity shall mean that you will continue to trust us with your personal data, knowing that we will not use it for any inappropriate purpose.
If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at: email@example.com. Our registered address is Premier Lotteries Ireland DAC, Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1, Ireland.
Glossary of technical terms used
Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits so that you can access information in a faster and more efficient way. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have separately furnished such information to the website.
The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
Means information about you which can identify you and which is within the possession of PLI (e.g. your name and address)
The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.