Data Privacy Statement of PLI
Website/App of PLI
This website/app is operated by Premier Lotteries Ireland DAC (“PLI”) and this Data Privacy Statement relates to this website/app. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
In addition to this Data Privacy Statement you may wish to read our Data Protection Policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the "Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is PLI with its registered office at Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1, Ireland.
PLI respects the rights of users of our website/app and is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with Data Protection Legislation at all times. We will not collect any personal information (also referred to as personal data) about you on this website/app without your permission or other than in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Please note that by using this website/app you are accepting the terms of this Data Privacy Statement and agree that we may process your personal data as outlined in this Data Privacy Statement. You also agree that any successor or assignee of PLI and/or any of its businesses may process your personal data as described in this Data Privacy Statement. We inform all persons who submit their personal data to us of these conditions by this Data Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Data Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of this website/app.
Collection and use of personal data
You do not have to provide us with any personal information (or personal data) to use our website/app. However where you elect to give us your personal data through this website/app via online feedback forms, email or to register to play online or via our mobile app then we will treat your personal information in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement and the Data Protection Legislation.
By simply visiting our website/app you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data on you. The information collected about your visit is limited to technical data such as:
- the logical address (or IP address) of the device you used to access this website/app;
- whether you reached the site/app using a search engine or if you clicked a link on another website/app or an advertising banner etc;
- the type of web-browser you used; and
- the type of device you used to access the internet.
- details of your visits to our website/app and the resources and webpages that you access including, without limitation, traffic data, location data and other communication data (including IP & MAC address as well as device UDID). We may match a browser profile to a user’s registered profile (using cookies) in order to personalise content and make the browsing experience more relevant;
- technical information relating to the device that you use to access our website/app;
- information we collect using cookies stored on your device about how you use our website/app and/or selected third party websites.
We use this data for administrative and statistical purposes as well as to help us to improve our website/app, content and marketing communications. This technical data does not provide us with the personal data of visitors to our website/app.
Visitors who have already registered to play online or subscribed to one of our email lists may be identified when browsing the site/app (when not logged in) and presented with personalised content and/or communications that are more relevant to them.
By visiting and/or using the website/app you acknowledge and consent to the recording and retention of such information as listed above for these purposes.
Analytic software, tracking usage of the PLI website/app
PLI uses analytical software to measure visits to the PLI website/app. This software captures technical, non personal detail, allowing us to analyse how visitors use the site/app. The analytical software uses ‘Cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour in an anonymous form. To view our Cookies Policy, please click here.
Giving us your personal information
Please note that where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, contact phone numbers, credit/debit card information and/or other contact information), through a facility provided on this website/app or directly to us by e-mail, we may:
(a) process and administer your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and
(b) retain a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email). Information in the email we receive and send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender unless otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation or as set out in the section below headed “Disclosure of information to Third Parties”.
We may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to ensure that content from this website/app is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to ensure that we minimise, in so far as in practically possible, information or communications that are not relevant to you;
- to notify you after registration of your account details;
- to provide you access to this website/app and to allow you to participate in interactive features of this website/app;
- to respond to any queries you submit to us;
- to send you information, products or services for which you have asked or which we believe may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (including via direct messages on social media platforms using Custom Audience Targeting);
- to provide you with information on services offered by us, our partners or our advertisers where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (including via direct messages on social media platforms using Custom Audience Targeting);
- to seek your views on this website/app and our services;
- to inform you about any changes to this website/app and services;
- to process any requests we receive from you;
- to fulfil any contractual obligations formed between you and PLI;
- to send newsletters, push notifications, promotional emails, marketing communications and to offer related services to you from PLI (including tailored messages and targeted communications via social media and other advertising platforms using custom and/or tailored audiences);and
- to help us meet our responsible gaming obligations.
Disclosure of information to third parties
To comply with applicable laws, PLI needs to verify your identity and that you are over 18. We may send your personal details such as age, date of birth and address to a third party in order to verify your identity and that you are over 18. If you do not agree to your personal details being used in this way, you cannot register an account with us or play National Lottery games on this website.
We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required for our website/app service. Examples of such services include analysing data, providing marketing services, processing payments (including credit card payments) and providing customer service. In such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements.
You may not use this website/app if you do not want us to use or disclose personally identifiable information collected about you in the manner identified in this Data Privacy Statement. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information when posting comments or other information or content through this website/app, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of this website/app available to others.
We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order: (a) to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order or other statutory or legal requirement including our obligation to provide information to the Regulator of the National Lottery; (b) to enforce the Terms & Conditions or other agreements or to protect our rights, property or safety of PLI and/or its subsidiaries and group companies; or (c) to protect the safety of users of this website/app or others.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information to other members of the PLI and Camelot Global group of companies and approved contractors or sub-contractors working on our behalf.
We may provide non-personally identifiable data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of this website/app. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit this website/app, the demographic breakdown of our users of this website/app, or the activities that visitors to this website/app engage in while on this website/app. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include, for example, potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website/app tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
Security of data
PLI takes seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the Data Protection Legislation to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website/app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once PLI has received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
International data transfers
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of follow up services. In order to verify your identity and that you are over 18 years of age, your data may be transferred to third party service providers outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement.
Right of Access
Where you have provided us with your personal data you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Legislation subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data please visit our Access Request Policy where you can download our Access Request Form for completion before sending it to us at Data Protection Compliance Officer, Premier Lotteries Ireland DAC, Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1 together with the prescribed fee of €6.35. Please note the following important requirements:
- We recommend that if you are making an access request that you use our Access Request Form;
- We shall not process an access request unless the prescribed fee of €6.35 is received by cheque or postal money order made payable to Premier Lotteries Ireland; and
- We do not accept access requests via telephone, email or text message.
Right of rectification or erasure
If we hold incorrect information about you, you have the right to have the data amended. Further you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website/app erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to us in writing at Data Protection Compliance Officer, Premier Lotteries Ireland, Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1 together with:
- Your name and address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
- If you request an erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice.
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining e.g. transactions for accounting and auditing purposes or for the purpose of responding to the Regulator of the National Lottery) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
PLI trusts that you appreciate we respect your right to privacy and that our honesty and integrity shall mean that you will continue to trust us with your personal data, knowing that we will not use it for any inappropriate purpose.
If you have questions or concerns about our Data Privacy Statement, please contact us at: email@example.com. Our registered address is Premier Lotteries Ireland DAC, Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1, Ireland.