The purpose of Responsible Play week is to ensure that all our players, on-line & Retail are aware and have the necessary resources to make sound and informed decisions regarding playing our games. This includes information about the tools available to prompt safer play such as setting spend limits or self-exclusion and where to go to seek further advice and support.
We are committed to creating and offering all our games in a socially responsible way. Here is a list of controls that are in place and initiatives that have been deployed to help you play in a responsible manner:
- Spending only what you can afford. Set spend limits online - set lower daily, weekly, or monthly limits on what you can spend. Check out our Budget Calculator to see what you can afford.
- Lock Instant win games when you feel it’s necessary.
- Take a break anytime from 1 month up to 5 years or permanently close your online account.
- If you are unsure whether or not your play is increasing and that you may be developing issues with your online play, why not use the Self-assessment tool to help assess if your level of play is causing a problem. The assessment will give you a series of statements and ask you to select Yes or No. At the end of the assessment, you will be presented with results based on your answers and links to tools that can help you to regulate your play.
- Verify you are over 18+ with a quick and easy verification process on our new app.
- If you buy your Lottery tickets in Retail you may be asked for ID. It is an offence to sell any Lottery product to anyone under the age of 18 years. For this reason and considering the question of age can often be a subjective one, we operate an age verification programme called "Think 21" across our Retail Network. Retail owners & staff are required to ask for ID if a player looks under 21 thus eliminating that element of doubt. Please do not be offended if a staff member asks for your ID.
- Purchase limits also apply when buying Scratch Cards in any retail store. A maximum of 10 Scratch Cards can be purchased in any one transaction or series of consecutive transactions. This control has been introduced to help limit the overall spend in any one transaction and allow a break in the session of play so a player can reflect on whether they are playing responsibly.
For more information on help and support please visit the link below.