Terms and Conditions
There will be 12 Bonus Draws in total: 11 weekly draws will commence on Friday, 11th October 2019 and end on Friday 20th December 2019 with one final Bonus Draw to be held on a date to be announced.
To enter a Bonus Draw a Player must reveal the 13 character alpha-numeric code printed on the front of each scratch card and follow the entry method outlined in the Bonus Draw procedure in these Game Rules. Entries to the Bonus Draw will be accepted from the following National Lottery games:
- Game 235 €3 Hampers Sweets & Treats – three entries per Ticket
- Game 236 €5 Merry Money – five entries per Ticket.
- Game 237 €10 Christmas Countdown – ten entries per Ticket.
A player may only win one prize in any one Bonus Draw.
Each Bonus Draw Procedure will be carried out in accordance with procedures set down by the Company.
To enter a Bonus Draw a Player must:
- Reveal the 13 character alpha-numeric code contained in the Bonus Draw play area of a scratch card.
- Visit www.lottery.ie and enter through the Bonus Draw entry webform.
- Players must enter the 13 character alpha-numeric code contained in the Bonus Draw play area of a ticket and any other mandatory details requested on the Bonus Draw entry webform.
- A validation process will be carried out to ensure that each 13 character alpha-numeric code is valid and only entered once into the Bonus Draw.
- Upon completion of an entry, a player receives a confirmation on site of entry and details of the number of entries they have received and which have been registered. The National Lottery will also send an email to the email address supplied confirming receipt of the entry.
- Entries close each week at 10 am on a Friday. Any valid entries received after that time are automatically entered into the next Bonus Draw.
- From Friday 11th October 2019 to Friday 20th December 2019 a weekly draw will be conducted from all valid entries to select five winners of €1,000 each. A final draw will be announced and publicised at a later date to ensure any remaining entries post-December have the opportunity to enter the draw.
Terms and Conditions of Scratch Card New Year’s Special Draw
PLI, the licensed operator of The National Lottery (the “Company”) is offering a special draw, titled the New Year’s Special Draw to our players.
Entries will only be accepted via the National Lottery’s designated online entry form provided at www.lottery.ie.
All entrants must be aged 18 years and over.
Entry will remain available until 10 pm on 5 January 2020. No entry received after the deadline will be valid.
Each single purchase of a Scratch Card from the National Lottery’s Christmas range of scratch cards provides for a single entry into the New Year’s Special Draw.
Detailed guidance for Players, including the process for entry to the New Year’s Special Draw and prize claims, are available here.
Winners will be randomly selected. The New Year’s Special Draw will be carried out in accordance with procedures set down by the Company and independently observed by KPMG. Additional reserve codes shall be drawn as in normal course in the event same is required owing to any participant’s inability to claim their prize.
Entry to the specific New Year’s Special Draw is limited to the National Lottery’s Christmas range of scratch cards as set out below:
- Game 237 Christmas Countdown;
- Game 236 Merry Money;
- Game 235 Hampers, Sweets and Treats.
There are one hundred and eighty (180) ‘must be won’ Prizes of €1,000 available.
To validly enter the New Year’s Special Draw a Player must:
- Visit www.lottery.ie and enter through the Christmas Second Chance Bonus Draw entry webform.
- Correctly enter all mandatory details requested on the Christmas Second Chance Bonus Draw entry webform.
- Reveal the 13-digit numeric code contained under scratch off panel on any of the specified Christmas range of scratch cards.
- Irrespective of the number of entries to the Second Chance Bonus Draw a participant is afforded on foot of the purchase of a Christmas scratch card, each entry code can only be entered into the New Year’s Special Draw once; and each correctly entered code will receive one (1) entry into the New Year’s Special Draw.
- Prior to awarding any prize, a validation process will be carried out to ensure that the details entered by the Player are valid.
- Upon completion of entry, a Player will receive an on-site confirmation of entry, which details that their entry has been received and registered. The Company will also send an email confirming receipt of the entry to the email address supplied.
- Alternate codes will be drawn and will replace a selected entry where a participant cannot establish a valid claim.
Payment of Prizes
- Winners will not be required to retain their scratch card to claim a Prize.
- All prizes payments will be subject to the Company’s prize validation claims procedures.
For further information, see the game rules for each scratch card.
- Hampers Sweets & Treats Game Rules 235 (PDF)
- Merry Money Game Rules 236 (PDF)
- Christmas Countdown Game Rules 237 (PDF)