Excitement is building for EuroMillions players in Ireland as tonight’s jackpot rolls to a staggering €120 million. The jackpot has been rolling ever since a lucky online player in Dublin scooped the massive €49.5 million on Tuesday 21st July. The Dubliner who chose to remain anonymous won the life-altering sum with a €2.50 ticket with numbers which they chose themselves.
It has been a tremendous year so far for EuroMillions players in Ireland with over €115 million won in prizes. Among those big prize winners was a lucky Mayo family who scooped a €17 million jackpot last February with a ticket they bought in Castlebar. In 2020, a further 19 separate players in Ireland have also won the EuroMillions Plus top prize of €500,000.
A spokesperson for the National Lottery said, “With two EuroMillions jackpot wins in Ireland so far this year, our players are on a real roll. There have been 16 EuroMillions jackpot winners in Ireland in the history of the game and we hope to welcome our latest jackpot winner very soon. Of course we are seeing an increase in the number of players who are hoping to become Ireland’s latest EuroMillions jackpot winner so we are advising all our players to buy their tickets before 7.30pm this evening in-store, or play online at lottery.ie or through the National Lottery App.”
Here is the roll call of the 16 lucky Irish EuroMillions jackpot winners to date:
- July 2005: Dolores McNamara from Limerick, was Ireland’s first and biggest EuroMillions winner scooping over €115 million.
- July 2008: A lucky player from Co. Tipperary won a €15 million jackpot with a ticket bought in Carrick-on-Suir in Co. Tipperary.
- June 2009: A family syndicate shared the jackpot with a British winner, taking home over €29.4 million with a ticket they purchased in Dublin.
- June 2013: A winning ticket sold in Beaumount, Dublin, shared a EuroMillions jackpot worth over €187 million. A Dublin player earned half of the jackpot and picked up over €93 million.
- September 2013: A young man from the South East shared a jackpot of over €25 million with a player in Spain, taking home over €12.8 million.
- April 2014: A jackpot prize worth €15 million was claimed on a ticket sold in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- September 2014: An €86.7 million jackpot was won by a syndicate from Dublin. The ticket was sold in Centra, Ballybrack, Co. Dublin.
- January 2016: A syndicate of friends won over €66 million, splitting the jackpot of €132,376,632. The ticket was sold in Eason’s store, Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow.
- July 2016: 22 colleagues from Dublin Bus won the €23.8 million. The ticket was sold in O’Hanlon’s Portarlington.
- January 2017: A Dublin work syndicate claimed the €88.5 million EuroMillions jackpot. The winning ticket was sold at the Applegreen Service Station on the M1 Northbound in Lusk, Co. Dublin.
- July 2017: A syndicate from the West of Ireland won a €29 million EuroMillions jackpot. The ticket was sold in Garryduff XL Store on Pound Road, Castlebar in Co. Mayo.
- December 2017: A small family syndicate from Dublin won €38.9 million on a ticket purchased in The Village Shop in Malahide Shopping Centre
- June 2018: 32 colleagues from Stakelums Hardware store in Thurles Co. Tipperary share a €17 million EuroMillions jackpot with a ticket they purchased at Eason’s Store in Thurles Shopping Centre in Co. Tipperary.
- February 2019: The Naul Family Syndicate won €175.4 million on a ticket sold in Reilly’s Daybreak in Naul, Co. Dublin.
- February 2020: A lucky Mayo family shared a €17 million jackpot prize with a ticket they purchased in Mulroy’s Londis, at the Moneen Roundabout, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- July 2020: An online player from Co. Dublin won the €49.5 million jackpot with a €2.50 Normal Play ticket.