What is Lotto 5-4-3-2-1?
Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 is a game based upon the results of Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2. You decide how many numbers you play, i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 can be played on any or all of our three Lotto games.
How much is a Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 ticket?
Each play is €1. You may select €1, €2, €3, €4 or €5 in any panel.
What are the Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 top prizes?
The top prize per €1 played for the six-number game is €125,000 and the top prize for the seven-number game is €40,000!
When are the Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 draws?
Draw days are every Wednesday and Saturday at 7.55pm. You can find out the results on our results page.
Sales close at 7.45pm precisely until 7.55pm on draw days.
Where can I watch the Lotto draws live?
The Lotto and Lotto Plus draws can be seen live on RTÉ One every Wednesday and Saturday at 7.55pm.
Ways to play Lotto 5-4-3-2-1:
Each playslip contains four panels A,B,C & D:
Panels A and B are for the six-number games, i.e. Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 draws, excluding the bonus number.
Panels C and D are for the seven-number games, i.e. Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 draws, including the bonus number.
To download the National Lottery App tap here.
Pick lines of up to 5 numbers that may apear in the Lotto draw.
Choose how much to play per line (min €1).
Add or de-select the Bonus Ball to make it a seven-number or six-number game respectively.
How do you play Lotto 5-4-3-2-1?
- Choose your own numbers:
- Mark the box 'All 3 draws' to enter your numbers in all three games or mark the Lotto, Plus 1 or Plus 2 box to indicate the specific games you wish to play.
- Mark 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 to show how many numbers you wish to play per draw.
- Mark €1, €2, €3, €4 or €5 to indicate the amount of money you wish to play per draw.
- Mark your selected numbers from 1 to 47.
- Choose Quick Pick numbers
- Follow Steps 1 to 3 above
- Mark the Quick Pick box to have random numbers selected for that panel or ask for Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 Quick Pick.
- Choose your numbers:
- Choose 'Pick Numbers' to pick lines of up to 5 numbers that may appear in the Lotto draw OR
- Choose 'Quick Pick' for automatic selection of up to 5 numbers that may appear in the Lotto draw
- Choose €1, €2, €3, €4 or €5 to indicate the amount of money you wish to play per draw.
- Select or de-select the 'Bonus Ball' to make it a seven-number or six-number game respectively
- Select 'Plus' if you want to enter your numbers in all three games (Lotto, Plus 1 or Plus 2).
- Choose the number of Advance Play draws you want your numbers to play in: one, two, four or eight.
- You'll have the chance to check that your numbers are correct before you complete the purchase, and hey presto! You're in.
- We'll send you an email to confirm your purchase, and another if you win.
Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 Advance Play
Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 Advance Play means that you can play up to a month's worth of Lotto draws in advance. Just tick the Advance Play box for two, four or eight draws, whichever suits best. The ticket you get will show the number of draws you're in and what dates apply.
Advance Play will always include the next Lotto draw (and Lotto Plus draws if you decide to play). If you win a prize in any of the draws you can claim it in the usual way. You'll get an exchange ticket to cover any draws left on your Advance Play.
|Six-number Game Matched Numbers||Winnings*||Seven-number Game Matched Numbers||Winnings*|
*To win, you must match ALL of your selected numbers.
You can choose to play €2, €3, €4 or €5 to win bigger prize amounts.
Odds of Winning Lotto 5-4-3-2-1
6 Number Game
|Lotto 5-4-3-2-1||6 Number Game|
|Matched Numbers||Approximate Odds|
|5||1 in 255,657|
|4||1 in 11,891|
|3||1 in 811|
||1 in 72|
|1||1 in 8|
7 Number Game
|Lotto 5-4-3-2-1||7 Number Game|
|Matched Numbers||Approximate Odds|
|5||1 in 73,045|
|4||1 in 5,096|
|3||1 in 463|
||1 in 51|
|1||1 in 7|
Game Rules and Guides