What is Lotto 5-4-3-2-1?
Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 is a game based upon the results of Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2. In this game you decide how many numbers you play (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5). Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 can be played on any or all of our three Lotto games.
Each playslip contains four panels (A,B,C & D):
- Panels A and B are for the 6 Number Games (these are Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 draws, excluding the bonus number).
- Panels C and D are for the 7 Number Games (these are Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 draws, including the bonus number).
The top prize per €1 played for the 6 number game is €125,000 and the top prize for the 7 number game is €40,000!
Draw days are every Wednesday and Saturday and the Lotto and Lotto Plus draws can be seen live on RTE One at around 8pm.
How to Play Lotto 5-4-3-2-1
There are two main ways to play Lotto 5-4-3-2-1:
- By choosing your own numbers:
- Mark the box 'All 3 draws' to enter your numbers in all 3 games. Alternatively you can mark the Lotto, Plus 1 or Plus 2 box to indicate the specific games you would like to play.
- Mark 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 to show how many numbers you wish to play per draw.
- Mark €1, €2, €3, €4 or €5 to indicate the amount of money you would like to play per draw. It's entirely up to you!
- Mark your selected numbers (from 1 to 47).
- By choosing Quick Pick numbers
- Follow steps a to c above
- Mark the Quick Pick box to have random numbers selected for that panel or ask for Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 Quick Pick.
Lotto 5-4-3-2-1 Advance Play
Advance Play means that you can play up to a month's worth of Lotto draws in advance. Perfect if you're going away or can't get to a shop. Just tick the Advance Play box for two, four or eight draws, whichever suits best. The ticket you get will show the number of draws you're in and what dates apply.
Advance Play will always include the next Lotto draw (and Lotto Plus draws if you decide to play). If you win a prize in any of the draws you can claim it in the usual way. You'll get an exchange ticket to cover any draws left on your Advance Play.
If you've bought your ticket from a National Lottery agent, look after it. It's your only valid record for claiming a prize.
Across each line are the numbers from the individual panels you filled in, or random ones if you went for a Quick Pick. If you chose numbers instead of a Quick Pick, make sure they're the numbers you wanted before you leave the agent's premises.
Don't get caught for time!
Bear in mind that you won't be able to buy your ticket immediately before or while the Lotto game is actually on. Terminals are closed at 7.45pm and don't reopen until after the draw at 7.58pm is finished. Any tickets bought for the next draw will be eligible in that draw, right up to terminal closing.
You can reuse your Playslip.
If you like to play the same set of numbers every week just keep the playslip somewhere handy. You don't need to complete a fresh one each time you play.
|6 Number Game||7 Number Game|
|Matched Numbers||Winnings||Matched Numbers||Winnings|
|5||You win €125,000||5||You win €40,000|
|4||You win €6,000||4||You win €3,000|
|3||You win €550||3||You win €275|
|2||You win €45||2||You win €32|
|1||You win €6||1||You win €5|
To win you must match ALL of your selected numbers.
The prize amounts above are based on a €1 play. You can choose to play €2, €3,
€4 or €5 to win bigger prize amounts.