What is Lotto?
Lotto is a simple and fun number draw game in which you can pick any six numbers from 1 to 47. At each draw six random numbers are drawn, along with one bonus number.
How much is a Lotto ticket?
The minimum play for Lotto is two lines per draw, which costs €4. You can play additional lines for €2 per line.
What’s the Lotto Jackpot?
The minimum jackpot is €2 million and rolls up from there if the jackpot is not won.
When are the Lotto draws?
Draw days are every Wednesday and Saturday at 7.55pm. You can find out the results on our results page after 9.15pm on the night of the draw.
Sales close at 7.45pm precisely until 7.55pm at retail agents and 7.40pm online on draw days.
Where can I watch the Lotto draws live?
The draws can be seen live on RTÉ One every Wednesday and Saturday at 7.55pm.
Ways to play Lotto:
Choose your own numbers
You mark a playslip with your six selected numbers in each panel that you wish to play.
Choose Quick Pick numbers
Quick Pick means your numbers are randomly selected for you. You can ask your National Lottery Agent directly for a Quick Pick or mark the Quick Pick box in the panels on your playslip.
Register to play online to
- Never miss a draw!
- Save & Play your numbers automatically!
- Have your numbers automatically checked!
To Play Lotto Online:
- Fill in at least two lines on the ticket on your screen. You can either:
- Key in your chosen numbers 1 to 47 OR
- Click the QP button for automatic Quick Pick numbers OR
- Select My Last Ticket if you've played before OR
- Go to My Favourite numbers and choose from your list of saved favourite numbers
- Select or deselect Lotto Plus
- Choose the number of Advance Play draws you want your numbers to play in one, two, four or eight
- Click Play Now. You'll have the chance to check that your numbers are correct before you press the Purchase button, and hey presto! You're in.
- We'll send you an email to confirm your purchase, and another if you win.
- We'll even email you draw results if you ask us to.
You also can check your purchases at any time using your online account.
Lotto Advance Play
Lotto Advance Play means that you can play up to a month's worth of Lotto draws in advance. Just tick the Advance Play box for two, four or eight draws, whichever suits best. The ticket you get will show the number of draws you're in and what dates apply.
Advance Play will always include the next Lotto draw (and Lotto Plus draws if you decide to play). If you win a prize in any of the draws you can claim it in the usual way. You'll get an exchange ticket to cover any draws left on your Advance Play.
|Match 6||Jackpot (minimum guaranteed €2 million)|
|Match 5 + Bonus||€100,000|
|Match 4 +li/game-rules/lotto-6-of-47-rules Bonus
|Match 3 + Bonus||€20|
|Match 2 + Bonus||€3 Daily Million Quick Pick with Plus (2 Lines)|
*Prize value may vary significantly depending on the number of winners and the amount accumulated in prize pool for any given draw.
Odds of Winning Lotto
Any prize 1 in 29
Odds of Winning Lotto and Lotto Plus
Any prize 1 in 10